Not just any church can accomplish the mission that we at Truevine Missionary Baptist Church have. In order to successfully achieve our mission we must be a distinctive kind of church family.
OUR CORE VALUES
We must become effective students of our culture.
We must discover the objections that people in Spring, TX have to Jesus Christ, the Bible, and Christianity.
And then we must build a church culture that removes or, to the greatest degree possible, ameliorates these objections without in any way watering down the truth of the Bible.
In other words, we must be driven by a distinctive set of Core Values.
In this regard, we believe that God has uniquely designed and gifted Truevine Missionary Baptist Church to enable us to carry out our mission. This is what our Core Values are all about. They are the enduring tenets that run deep in the soul of Truevine Missionary Baptist Church. They are the dynamic issues that give shape and definition to our ministry. They are the distinctive and defining values that allow us to achieve our mission.
1. People matter to God and to us. (Luke 15)
2. The Gospel message transforms people’s lives. (2 Corinthians 5:17)
3. The goal of our ministry is to transform people into fully devoted followers of Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Ephesians 4:11-16)
4. Ministry and evangelism must be carried out in a relevant way. (1 Corinthians 9:22b)
5. People must be treated gently and respectfully. (1 Peter 3:15)
6. People need to be connected to a caring community. (Acts 4:34-35; 1 Thessalonians 4:9-10)
7. Every Christian has a God-given ministry. (Ephesians 4:12)
8. Everything we do for Christ must be done with excellence. (Colossians 3:23-24)
9. Our church must have an evangelistic impact on our community. (Acts 6:7; 1 Thessalonians 1:8)
10. To accomplish our mission we must be willing to step out in visionary faith and take risk for God. (Hebrews 11:6)