A deep belief in the sovereignty of God protects your heart from 10,000 different worries.
But here are 10 😉.
1. That you’re just 1 accident of 8 billion random people in the world. Nope. You’re not the random chance result of your parents’ reproductive organs. God determined to create you before the foundation of the world (Ephesians 1:4).
2. That your life has no purpose or meaning. Not only did create you specifically, but on purpose. You are designed particularly from features, personality, temperament, giftings, location, and era of time (Psalm 139:13-14; Acts 17:26).
3. That you’re going to miss God’s will for your life. You can make your plans, but the Lord determines your steps (Proverbs 16:9). Those steps are aligned for the purpose He made you for (Ephesians 2:10).
4. That you’re going to lose God’s grace because you’ve messed up. For those in Christ Jesus, we have assurance of enduring to the end because He keeps us. “I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.” — Jesus (John 10:28)
5. That your loved one is too far beyond God’s redemption. Nobody is beyond God’s grace. Jesus says “All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out.” (John 6:37) They. Will. Come.
6. That the darkness in the world will ultimately prevail. One day Jesus will end all suffering, sin, death, and darkness (Revelation 21:3-5). The darkness in the world will never overcome the light (John 1:5).
7. That your suffering or pain is pointless. The Lord uses suffering to grow our character (Romans 5:3-5; James 1:2-4) & teaches us to depend on Him (2 Corinthians 1:8-9). Joseph’s story (Genesis 37-40) shows how God always means our suffering for good, wise purposes.
8. That the Earth is going to drift off its orbit, be destroyed by a giant meteor, or perish from global warming. This isn’t a political statement. It’s a reminder that God is over the fate of the planet. Nobody should lose sleep about the Earth’s annihilation. He’s got it.
9. That you’re going to die before you’ve finished your race. Friends, you will not die a second sooner than the Lord intends (Psalm 139:16). Live a life worthy of your calling (Ephesians 4:1), run your race to win (1 Cor. 9:24), and remember the time is short (James 4:13-15).
10. That your prayers don’t matter. He knows everything you need before you ask, yet we are instructed to pray (Matthew 6:8-9). His sovereign authority over all things ensures there is nothing He can’t do (Ephesians 3:20-21). So, pray with faith.